- Identify or create a Test Configuration with your preferred Flow Analysis standard analysis settings.
- For a description of preconfigured Test Configurations, see Built-in Test Configurations. see :
- Start the test using the preferred Test Configuration.
- Review and respond to the results.
- For details, see Reviewing Flow Analysis Static Analysis Results.
- (Optional) Fine-tune Flow Analysis settings as needed.
- For details, see Customizing Flow Analysis Static Analysis.
The types of bugs that Flow Analysis detects is determined by which rules you have enabled in the Test Configuration—in much the same way as you configure static code analysis with coding standards. The basic static analysis settings (maximum tasks reported per rule, etc.—see Static Tab Settings : - Defining How Static Analysis is Performed for for details) apply to both static code analysis and Flow Analysis analysis.