- Firefox 47.0.1 and earlier
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer 78+
- Safari 5.1+ 7-9.x on Mac OSX
- Microsoft Edge Windows Anniversary Edition (version 38.14393)+
- Internet Explorer 8+
- Google Chrome 9+
- Firefox 3.6-54 (playback only)
- Playing back inputs that allow you to browse to a file to upload it is not supported in Firefox 3 and later.
- If Firefox is in the middle of an automatic update (the update was downloaded but not yet installed), web scenarios might not play back correctly (Virtualize will launch Firefox, and Firefox will open a dialog to check add-on compatibility; this causes playback to fail). If this occurs, launch Firefox outside of Virtualize to complete the update installation. Once the update is completed, web scenarios can be played back as usual.
Before using Internet Explorer, see Configuring Internet Explorer Settings.
With Internet Explorer 9 or 10, we recommend using addEventListener() when registering event listeners. However, if you are using attachEvent(), which is an IE-specific event model, you will need to manually update
"_wk_HTMLUtil.preferLegacyEventModel = false;"
"_wk_HTMLUtil.preferLegacyEventModel = true;"
The first time that Internet Explorer 9 is launched, it will open a warning dialog that states "The Recorder Registrar is now ready to use." You need to click Enable to ensure that your web scenarios record and play back correctly. For best results, you should close and re-open the browser after clicking Enable.
- File inputs inside modal dialogsare not supported.
- Record and playback on file inputs (inputs that allow you to browse to a file to upload it) is not supported in Internet Explorer 8 and later.