- Choose the Other> TIBCO Enterprise Messaging Service option in one of the available test creation wizards. For details on accessing the wizards, see:
- Complete the first page of the TIBCO EMS wizard as follows:
- In the Connection area, specify your TIBCO EMS connection settings.
- In the Destination Name field, specify the topic or queue that you want to monitor.
- You can specify a regular topic or queue (e.g., the entry or exit of a workflow process), or a special process tracking topic.
- For instance, to track any JMS message that gets transmitted through TIBCO EMS, use
- For details on specifying tracking topics for TIBCO EMS, see Chapter 13: Monitoring Server Activity and Appendix B: Monitor Messages in the TIBCO EMS User’s Guide.
- In the Destination Type field, specify whether the tracking destination is a topic or a queue.
- (Optional) In the Message Selector field, enter a value to act as a message filter. SeeUsing Message Selector Filters for tips.
If you want SOAtest to use the JMS QueueBrowser API in order to trace messages posted on a JMS queue— without removing them from the queue— enable the Leave messages on the queue option. This allows SOAtest to gain visibility into these mes-sages without impacting the transaction.
Info icon false title Caution: Leave messages on the queue
For a discussion of potential complications with this option—and how to avoid them—see JMS Queue Options.
- In the JNDI properties table, specify any additional JNDI properties you want applied to this deployment
- Click Next. SOAtest will start monitoring the messages that match the settings specified in the previous wizard page. If you run another application that sends messages to the bus, those messages will be noted in this panel.
- When you are ready to stop monitoring, click Finish. SOAtest will then create test cases based on the verified messages.