- (Recommended for Concerto/DTP admins) Verify that the product and version you are licensing appears in the DTP License Server. If not, update the tools database as described in the DTP Admin Guide.
- Choose Parasoft> Preferences to open the Preferences dialog.
- Select the License category in the left pane.
If the appropriate server is not already set set (from the auto-configuration process described in Configuring SOAtest Across Teams), specify the server’s host (either a name or an IP address) and port.
- If you have multiple Parasoft products installed, open the tab for the Parasoft product you want to license (e.g., Jtest, SOAtest).
- Select the Enable license option.
- Select the Network option.
- Indicate the license type that you want this product to use by selecting the appropriate option in the Edition box.
- If you want to use the product for a short period of time when you will not have access to Concerto/DTP (e.g., because you expect to be working from home, you will be travelling, your team will be upgrading the machine hosting Concerto/DTP, etc.), check borrow and specify how long you need to "borrow" the license.
- When you borrow a license, one of the available licenses (on the Concerto) is locked to your machine for the specified amount of time. You can then disconnect from the network and use the product without accessing Concerto/DTP.
- Licenses can be borrowed from 1 hour to 14 days.
- License borrowing requires PST 2.6 or higher or Concerto/DTP.
- Click OK to set and save your settings.
If you want the product to wait for a license if the requested license is not currently available, use the localsettings option <tool_prefix>