In this scenario, a single install area is shared by many users. The 'configuration' directory under the install area is home only to the config.ini as shipped with the product (it is not initialized). Every user has their own local standalone configuration location. This scenario requires making the install area read-only for regular users. When users start Eclipse, this causes the configuration area to automatically default to a directory under the user home dir.
- Linux kernel 2.4 or 2.6 or higher with glibc 2.4 or higher and an x86-compatible processor with libstdc++.so.5 (GLIBCPP_3.2, CXXABI_1.2) and libgcc_s.so.1 (GCC_4.2.0) libraries supported.
- Linux kernel 2.6 or higher with glibc 2.4 or higher and an x86_64-compatible processor with lib-stdc++.so.5 (GLIBCPP_3.2, CXXABI_1.2) and libgcc_s.so.1 (GCC_4.2.0) libraries supported.
- GTK (Linux)
- Oracle JRE 1.5 or higher.
- x86 or x86_64 processor
- 1280 x 1024 display or higher
- 4 GB RAM minimum; 8 GB RAM recommended
- A mouse or an alternative pointing device