|Table of Contents|
Parasoft products support code review for any language—from Java, to .NET languages, to C/C++, to PHP, Cobol, and more.
Teams who are performing code reviews for multiple languages can set this up in two different ways:
Separate Code Review Process for Each Language
If you want to maintain a separate code review process for each language (separate reporting, reviewer configurations, etc.), use separate Parasoft Test products for each language. In other words, if you want to maintain separate processes for C and Java, code reviews, use Jtest for Java code review and C++test for C code review.
This option is covered in the previous code review topics.
Centralized Code Review Process for All Language
If you want to establish a centralized product-independent code review process for all language (e.g., with centralized reporting, reviewer configurations, etc.), create a Parasoft Test (product-independent) code review Test Configuration, then configure your Parasoft Test products to use that Test Configuration.
This option is discussed below.
Enabling Parasoft Test (Product-Independent) Test Configurations
On all team Parasoft Test installations that you want to configure or access the product-independent code review Test Configuration(s):
- In the top-level preferences page, enable Show Parasoft Test configurations.
- Restart the product.
Creating a Parasoft Test (Product-Independent) Test Configuration
You can then create and share a cross-product Test Configuration as follows:
- On a Parasoft Test installation that is connected to Team Server, go to the Parasoft Test category of Test Configurations.
- Configure the code review Test Configuration (see Configuring a Test Configuration for Pre-Commit Code Reviews or Configuring a Test Configuration for Post-Commit Code Reviews for details).
- Upload it to Team Server (seeDeploying Test Configurations Across the Team for details).
To use this test configuration from the GUI:
- Choose it from the Parasoft Test category of Test Configurations.
To use this test configuration from the command line: