C++test will produce a test executable with runtime memory analysis enabled and then execute the tests. After test execution completes, C++test will report the memory problems found alongside the regular unit testing tasks.
Each runtime error detection problem is reported as a violation of a given rule (with message, location, and stack trace) in the following places:
- Unit Testing or Application Monitoring analysis mode: This determines whether runtime error detection should be performed when executing unit tests or if a standalone application should be built and executed (without test cases).
- For Application Monitoring mode, you can (optionally) specify the application binary location/name (Test application binary) as well as specify the execution command line (Application command line).
- Test execution flow:
- For Application Monitoring mode, you can use the Build application executable or Build and run application executable test execution flows.
- For Unit Testing mode, you can use a standard or custom unit test execution flow. For details, see Customizing the Test Execution Flow.
- Instrumentation mode:
- For Application Monitoring mode, you can use Application full monitoring, Application memory monitoring, or Application coverage monitoring.
- For Unit Testing mode, you can use Full runtime with memory monitoring.