- Select or create a Test Configuration with your preferred static code analysis settings.
- For a description of preconfigured Test Configurations, see Built-in Test Configurations.
- For details on how to create a custom Test Configuration, see Configuring Test Configurations and Rules for Policies. Details on C++test-specific static analysis options are available at Static Tab Settings: "Defining How Static Analysis is Performed.
- Start the test using the preferred Test Configuration.
- Review and respond to the results.
- For details, see Reviewing Static Code Analysis Results.
- (Optional) Fine-tune static code analysis settings as needed.
- For details, see Customizing Static Analysis Overview.
- cpptestcli -solution “C:\temp\*.sln” –config team://CodingStandardsAnalysis -publish
See Testing from the Command Line Interface for for more details on configuring batch-mode tests.
By identifying and removing duplicate code, you make your code more concise, more readable, and and easier to maintain. It It can detect similar code fragments that were introduced during the development process (for example by copy-paste mistakes). It is especially useful for large projects, where manual duplication detection is tedious and ineffective.