Suppression settings are independent of Test Configurations. The Test Configuration defines the scope of the test execution, coverage settings, and other features, as well as the set of rules that are checked during static analysis. Suppressions define which tasks associated with a failing test or reported by static analysis results should be visible in Quality Tasks view and reports.
- Right-click on a reported task in the Quality Tasks view and choose Suppress Task.
You can also right-click on a node containing task (rule category, specific rule, file, etc.) to suppress all children tasks.
- Choose where you want to store your suppression(s) when prompted. Storing suppressions on Team Server is deprecated and disabled by default and will be removed in future versions. See Enabling Team Server Suppressions (Deprecated) for instructions.
- Enter your reason to for suppressing the task when prompted and click OK.
You can re-migrate restored local suppressions on next IDE startup.
The Suppressions view associated with viewing XML-style suppressions is deprecated, but you can enable Team Server suppressions and view suppressions that were created with an older version of SOAtest from the Suppressions (deprecated) view:
- Choose Parasoft > Show View > Suppressions (deprecated) from the main menu.
- Choose Enable deprecated suppressions from the ellipses menu.
You can delete suppressions from the parasoft.suppress file to un-suppress a task. Re-run the test or analysis and the task will reappear in the Quality Tasks view.