MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
These license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please read them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any Microsoft
· Internet-based services, and
· support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE. INSTEAD, RETURN IT TO THE RETAILER FOR A REFUND OR CREDIT. If you cannot obtain a refund there, contact Microsoft or the Microsoft affiliate serving your country for information about Microsoft’s refund policies. See www.microsoft.com/worldwide. In the United States and Canada, call (800) MICROSOFT or see www.microsoft.com/info/nareturns.htm.
AS DESCRIBED BELOW, USING THE SOFTWARE ALSO OPERATES AS YOUR CONSENT TO THE TRANSMISSION OF CERTAIN COMPUTER INFORMATION DURING ACTIVATION, VALIDATION AND USE OF INTERNET-BASED SERVICES.
OVERVIEW OF TRIAL EDITION. If the software is a trial edition, then this Section applies to your use of the trial edition.
A. INSTALLATION AND USE OF TRIAL EDITION. You may install and use any number of copies of the trial edition on your devices. You may only use the trial edition for internal evaluation purposes during the trial period. You may not deploy any applications to a production environment. You may run load tests of up to 250 virtual users during the trial period.
B. TRIAL PERIOD AND CONVERSION. The length of the trial period is thirty (30) days. After the expiration of the trial period the trial edition will stop running. You will receive periodic warnings that the trial period is about to expire. You may extend the trial period an additional sixty (60) days by registering. You may not be able to access data used with the trial edition when it stops running. You may convert your trial rights at any time to the full-use rights described below by acquiring a valid full-use license.
C. Sections 1–3(d), 4,10-14, 18, 19, 21, 22 and the Limited Warranty in the full-use license section of this agreement below do not apply to the trial edition. The following sections D-F below apply to the trial edition.
D. Disclaimer of Warranty. The TRIAL EDITION is licensed “as-is.” You bear the risk of using it. Microsoft gives no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. You may have additional consumer rights under your local laws which this agreement cannot change. To the extent permitted under your local laws, Microsoft excludes the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
FOR AUSTRALIA – You have statutory guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law and nothing in these terms is intended to affect those rights.
E. Because the trial edition is “as is,” we may not provide support services for it.
F. Limitation on and Exclusion of Remedies and Damages. You can recover from Microsoft and its suppliers only direct damages up to U.S. $5.00. You cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages.
This limitation applies to
· anything related to the trial edition, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and
· claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.
TERMS FOR FULL-USE LICENSE FOR THE SOFTWARE: When you acquire the full-use license of the software named above, all of the license terms below apply.
a. Software. The software includes development tools, software programs and documentation.
b. License Model. The software is licensed on a per user basis.
2. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.
a. General. One user may install and use copies of the software to design, develop, test and demonstrate your programs. You may not use the software on a server in a production environment.
b. Product Keys and Access Credentials. The software allows you to access services and features using your Microsoft account or other supported login credentials. You are responsible for the use of product keys assigned to you and access to services and features using your login credentials. You may not share the product keys or login credentials with other individuals.
3. ADDITIONAL LICENSING REQUIREMENTS AND/OR USE RIGHTS.
a. Separation of Components. The components of the software are licensed as a single unit. You may not separate the components and install them on different devices except as otherwise stated in this agreement.
b. Utilities. The software contains certain components that are identified in the Utilities List located at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=313603. Depending on the specific edition of the software, the number of Utility files you receive with the software may not be equal to the number of Utilities listed in the Utilities List. You may copy and install the Utilities you receive with the software on to other third party machines. These Utilities may only be used to debug and deploy your programs and databases you have developed with the software. You must delete all the Utilities installed onto such other machines within the earlier of (i) when you have finished debugging or deploying your programs; or (ii) thirty (30) days after installation of the Utilities on those machines.
c. Build Server. The software contains certain components that are identified in the Build Server List located at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=313603. You may install copies of the files listed in it, onto your build machines. You and others in your organization may use these files on your build machines solely for the purpose of compiling, building, verifying and archiving your programs or to run quality or performance tests as part of the build process on your build machines.
d. Font Components. While the software is running, you may use its fonts to display and print content. You may only
· embed fonts in content as permitted by the embedding restrictions in the fonts; and
· temporarily download them to a printer or other output device to help print content.
e. Included Microsoft Programs. These license terms apply to all Microsoft programs included with the software, except as otherwise noted in this agreement or in the ThirdPartyNotices file accompanying the software.
f. Third Party Notices. Additional copyright notices and license terms applicable to portions of the software are set forth in the ThirdPartyNotices file accompanying the Microsoft software. In addition to any terms and conditions of any third party license identified in the ThirdPartyNotices file, the disclaimer of warranty and limitation on and exclusion of remedies and damages provisions of this agreement shall apply to all software in this distribution.
4. DISTRIBUTABLE CODE. The software contains code that you are permitted to distribute in programs you develop if you comply with the terms below. (For this Section the term “distribution” also means deployment of your programs for third parties to access over the Internet.)
· REDIST.TXT Files. You may copy and distribute the object code form of code listed on the REDIST list located at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=313603.
· Sample Code. You may copy, modify and distribute the source and object code form of code marked as “sample.”
· Image Library. You may copy and distribute images and animations in the Image Library as described in the software documentation. You may also modify that content. If you modify the content, it must be for use that is consistent with the permitted use of the unmodified content.
· Blend Site Templates for Visual Studio. The software contains code marked as “site templates” that you are permitted to use along with your content. You may copy, modify, and distribute the source and object code form of these site templates.
· Blend Fonts for Visual Studio. You may distribute unmodified copies of the Buxton Sketch font, SketchFlow Print font and SegoeMarker font.
· Blend Styles for Visual Studio. You may copy, modify and distribute the object code form of code identified as “Sketch” or “Simple” Styles.
· Silverlight 5 SDK Libraries. You may copy and distribute the object code form of code marked as “Silverlight Libraries”, “Client Libraries”, and “Server Libraries.”
· ASP.NET and Web Tooling Extensions .js Files. You may copy, modify and distribute any .js files contained in the ASP.NET Model View Controller, ASP.NET Web Pages or in the Web Tooling Extensions project templates and NuGet packages as part of your ASP.NET programs.
· Visual Studio LightSwitch Project Templates. You may modify, copy, and distribute the .js files contained in the Visual Studio LightSwitch project templates as part of your LightSwitch programs.
· Third Party Distribution. You may permit distributors of your programs to copy and distribute the Distributable Code as part of those programs.
· add significant primary functionality to it in your programs;
· for any Distributable Code having a filename extension of .lib, distribute only the results of running such Distributable Code through a linker with your program;
· distribute Distributable Code included in a setup program only as part of that setup program without modification;
· require distributors and external end users to agree to terms that protect the Distributable Code at least as much as this agreement;
· display your valid copyright notice on your programs; and
· indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Microsoft from any claims, including attorneys’ fees, related to the distribution or use of your programs.
· alter any copyright, trademark or patent notice in the Distributable Code;
· use Microsoft’s trademarks in your programs’ names or in a way that suggests your programs come from or are endorsed by Microsoft;
· include Distributable Code in malicious, deceptive or unlawful programs; or
· modify or distribute the source code of any Distributable Code so that any part of it becomes subject to an Excluded License. An Excluded License is one that requires, as a condition of use, modification or distribution, that
§ the code be disclosed or distributed in source code form; or
§ others have the right to modify it.
· Bing Maps. The software may include features that retrieve content such as maps, images and other data through the Bing Maps (or successor branded) application programming interface (the “Bing Maps API”) to create reports displaying data on top of maps, aerial and hybrid imagery. If these features are included, you may use these features to create and view dynamic or static documents only in conjunction with and through methods and means of access integrated in the software. You may not otherwise copy, store, archive, or create a database of the content available through the Bing Maps API. You may not use the Bing Maps API to provide sensor based guidance/routing, nor use any Road Traffic Data or Bird’s Eye Imagery (or associated metadata) even if available through the Bing Maps API for any purpose.
· Additional Mapping APIs. The software may include application programming interfaces that provide maps and other related mapping features and services that are not provided by Bing (the “Additional Mapping APIs”). These Additional Mapping APIs are subject to additional terms and conditions and may require payment of fees to Microsoft and/or third party providers based on the use or volume of use of such Additional Mapping APIs. These terms and conditions will be provided when you obtain any necessary license keys to use such Additional Mapping APIs or when you review or receive documentation related to the use of such Additional Mapping APIs.
· Windows.Phone.Speech namespace API. Using speech recognition functionality via the Windows.Phone.Speech namespace APIs in a program requires the support of a speech recognition service. The service may require network connectivity at the time of recognition (e.g., when using a predefined grammar). In addition, the service may also collect speech-related data in order to provide and improve the service. The speech-related data may include, for example, information related to grammar size and string phrases in a grammar.
· Location Framework. The software may contain a location framework component that enables support of location services in programs. In addition to the other limitations in this agreement, you must comply with all applicable local laws and regulations when using the location framework component or the rest of the software.
· Device ID Access. The software may contain a component that enables programs to access the device ID of the device that is running the program. In addition to the other limitations in this agreement, you must comply with all applicable local laws and regulations when using the device ID access component or the rest of the software.
· PlayReady Support. The software includes the Windows Phone Emulator, which contains Microsoft’s PlayReady content access technology. Content owners use Microsoft PlayReady content access technology to help protect their intellectual property, including copyrighted content. This software uses PlayReady technology to access PlayReady-protected content and/or Microsoft Digital Rights Management (DRM) protected content. Microsoft may decide to revoke the software’s ability to consume PlayReady-protected content for reasons including but not limited to (i) if a breach or potential breach of PlayReady technology occurs, (ii) proactive robustness enhancement, and (iii) if content owners require the revocation because the software fails to properly enforce restrictions on content usage. Revocation should not affect unprotected content or content protected by other content access technologies. Content owners may require you to upgrade PlayReady to access their content. If you decline an upgrade, you will not be able to access content that requires the upgrade and may not be able to install other operating system updates or upgrades.
a. Consent for Internet-Based Services. Microsoft provides Internet-based services with the software. It may change or cancel them at any time. The software features described below and in the Visual Studio 2013 privacy statement connect to Microsoft or service provider computer systems over the Internet. In some cases, you will not receive a separate notice when they connect. You may switch off these features or not use them. For more information about these features, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=286720 . BY USING THESE FEATURES, YOU CONSENT TO THE TRANSMISSION OF THIS INFORMATION. Microsoft does not use the information to identify or contact you.
· Extensions and Updates; and New Project Dialog. Extensions and Updates; and New Project Dialog can retrieve other software through the Internet from Visual Studio Gallery, Microsoft Download Center and MSDN Samples websites. To provide this other software, Extensions and Updates; and New Project Dialog send to Microsoft the name and version of the software you are using and language code of the device where you installed the software. In addition, Extensions and Updates contains an automatic update feature that is on by default.
§ For more information about this feature, including instructions for to turning it off, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=286720 . You may turn off this automatic update feature while the software is running (“opt out”). Unless you expressly opt out of this feature, the feature will (a) connect to Microsoft or service provider computer systems over the Internet, (b) use Internet protocols to send to the appropriate systems standard computer information, such as your computer’s Internet protocol address, operating system, the name and version of the software you are using and language code of the device where you installed the software, and (c) prompt you to download and/or install, current updates to the software or other third party software. In some cases, you will not receive a separate notice before this feature takes effect. By installing the software, you consent to the transmission of standard computer information.
· Notification Tool Window. The software includes a notification tool window. When connected to the Internet, technologies that use the notification tool window may provide information related to extensions and other software or services that you have installed or opted into and display those updates to you. For more information please see the privacy statement http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=286720 .
· Really Simple Syndication (“RSS”) Feed. This software start page contains updated content that is supplied by means of an RSS feed online from Microsoft.
· Web Content Features. Features in the software can retrieve related content from Microsoft and provide it to you. To provide the content, these features send to Microsoft the type of operating system, name and version of the software you are using, type of browser and language code of the device where you installed the software. Examples of these features are clip art, templates, online training, online assistance, help, and Appshelp. You may choose not to use these web content features.
· Package Manager Features. For more information about these features, see the privacy statement available at go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=205205. With respect to these package manager features, Microsoft or the third party service provider may use the computer information obtained through your use of these features, to improve its software and services. Microsoft or such third party may also share this information with others, such as hardware and software vendors that may use the information to improve how their products run with Microsoft software.
§ Open Data Protocol (OData) Service. The Microsoft NuGet-Based Package Manager and the package manager feature of Microsoft ASP.NET Web Pages will access a list of packages made available by Microsoft and third party service providers that is accessed by means of an OData service online located at go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=206669. You may change the feed URL that the package manager feature initially points to at any time at your discretion.
· Digital Certificates. The software uses digital certificates. These digital certificates confirm the identity of Internet users sending X.509 standard encrypted information. They also can be used to digitally sign files and macros to verify the integrity and origin of the file contents. The software retrieves certificates and updates certificate revocation lists using the Internet, when available.
Misuse of Internet-based Services. You may not use these services in any way that could harm them or impair anyone else’s use of them. You may not use the services to try to gain unauthorized access to any service, data, account or network by any means.
b. Computer Information. The following features use Internet protocols, which send to the appropriate systems computer information, such as your Internet protocol address, the type of operating system, browser and name and version of the software you are using, and the language code of the device where you installed the software. Microsoft uses this information to make the Internet-based services available to you.
· Visual Studio Experience Improvement Program. This software uses the Visual Studio Experience Improvement Program (“VSEIP”) which is on by default. VSEIP helps Microsoft collect information about problems that you have while using the software. Microsoft also uses VSEIP Information to improve its software and services. Microsoft may also share VSEIP data with others, such as agents acting on Microsoft’s behalf and hardware and software vendors to improve how their products run with Microsoft software. To learn more about VSEIP, including how you can opt out, see go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=286720 .
· Data Collected Automatically. Microsoft automatically collects information identifying your installed Microsoft product, the operating system of the device, the CPU architecture of the operating system and data regarding the success or failure of the installation of the software, data identifying the cause of a crash in the product and information about the product license which is in use. Microsoft does not use this information to identify or contact you. For more information about privacy, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=286720 .
c. Microsoft Accounts in Visual Studio. If you are running the software on Windows 8, Windows 7 with sign-in assistant, or any other version of Windows that supports providing a Microsoft account directly to the software and you are signed into a Microsoft account in those versions of Windows, you may automatically be signed into the software and Visual Studio services accessed by the software using the same Microsoft account. This allows you to access services within the software and roam the software’s settings without being asked to reenter your Microsoft account credentials each time you start the software. For more information about signing into the software and the services available therein with a Microsoft account, see the privacy statement http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=286720 .
d. Use of Information. Microsoft may use the computer and services information to improve its software and services. Microsoft may also share it with others, such as hardware and software vendors. They may use the information to improve how their products run with Microsoft software.
6. MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK BENCHMARK TESTING. The software includes one or more components of the .NET Framework (“.NET Components”). You may conduct internal benchmark testing of those components. You may disclose the results of any benchmark test of those components, provided that you comply with the conditions set forth at go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=66406. Notwithstanding any other agreement you may have with Microsoft, if you disclose such benchmark test results, Microsoft shall have the right to disclose the results of benchmark tests it conducts of your products that compete with the applicable .NET Component, provided it complies with the same conditions set forth at go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=66406.
7. OTHER INCLUDED MICROSOFT SOFTWARE COMPONENTS:
· Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint, Windows Software Development Kit (Windows SDK) and Components of Microsoft Office. The software is accompanied by Microsoft SQL Server software, Microsoft SharePoint software, including SharePoint Windows Identity Foundation Extensions, Windows SDKs and certain components of Microsoft Office software, which are all licensed to you under their own terms. The license terms for these software components are located in the “Licenses” folder of the software installation directory. If you do not agree to the license terms for these software components, you may not use them.
· Microsoft Components Provided for Use with the Software. The software includes compilers, languages, runtimes, environments, and other resources that enable development for many Microsoft platforms. As a convenience to our Visual Studio customers, the software may install certain Microsoft SDKs and other Microsoft components that target and support those platforms. These components may be licensed and supported under their own terms and policies. The license terms for these software components are located in the “Licenses” folder of the software installation directory. If you do not agree to the license terms for these software components, you may not use them.
8. PACKAGE MANAGER AND THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE INSTALLATION FEATURES. The software includes the following features (each a “Feature”), each of which enables you to obtain software applications or packages through the Internet from other sources: Extension Manager, New Project Dialog, Web Platform Installer, Microsoft NuGet-Based Package Manager, and the package manager feature of Microsoft ASP.NET Web Pages. Those software applications and packages available through the Features are offered and distributed in some cases by third parties and in some cases by Microsoft, but each such application or package is licensed to you under its own terms. Microsoft is not distributing or licensing any of the third-party applications or packages to you, but instead, as a convenience, enables you to use the Features to access or obtain those applications or packages directly from the third-party application or package providers. By using the Features, you acknowledge and agree that:
· you are obtaining the applications or packages from such third parties and under separate license terms applicable to each application or package (including, with respect to the package-manager Features, any terms applicable to software dependencies that may be included in the package).
· Microsoft makes no representations, warranties or guarantees as to the feed or gallery URL, any feeds or galleries from such URL, the information contained therein, or any software applications or packages referenced in or accessed by you through such feeds or galleries. Microsoft grants you no license rights for third-party software applications or packages that are obtained using the Features.
9. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. For more information, see www.microsoft.com/licensing/userights. You may not
· disclose the results of any benchmark tests of the software to any third party without Microsoft’s prior written approval, however, this does not apply to the Microsoft .NET Framework (see Section 6);
· work around any technical limitations in the software;
· reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the software except, and solely to the extent: (i) permitted by applicable law, despite this limitation; or (ii) required to debug changes to any libraries licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License which are included with and linked to by the software;
· remove, minimize, block or modify any logos, trademarks, copyright, digital watermarks, or other notices of Microsoft or its suppliers that are included in the software, including any content made available to you through the software;
· share or otherwise distribute documents, text or images created using the software Data Mapping Services features;
· make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
· publish the software, including any application programming interfaces included in the software, for others to copy;
· use the software in any way that is against the law;
· rent, lease or lend the software; or
· use the software for commercial software hosting services.
10. BACKUP COPY.
a. Media. If you acquired the software on a disc or other media, you may make one backup copy of the media. You may use it only to reinstall the software on your devices.
b. Electronic Download. If you acquired and downloaded the software online, you may make one copy of the software on a disc or other media in order to install the software on your devices. You may also use it to reinstall the software on your devices.
11. DOCUMENTATION. Any person that has valid access to your computer or internal network may copy and use the documentation for your internal, reference purposes.
12. NOT FOR RESALE SOFTWARE. You may not sell software marked as “NFR” or “Not for Resale.”
13. DOWNGRADE. You may install and use this version and an earlier version of the software at the same time. This agreement applies to your use of the earlier version. If the earlier version includes different components, any terms for those components in the agreement that comes with the earlier version apply to your use of them. Microsoft is not obligated to supply earlier versions to you. You are not entitled to use the earlier version if you have acquired a non-perpetual license or if your license is Not for Resale.
14. PROOF OF LICENSE. If you acquired the software on a disc or other media, your proof of license is the genuine Microsoft certificate of authenticity label with the accompanying genuine product key and your proof of purchase. If you purchased and downloaded the software online, your proof of license is the genuine Microsoft product key for the software which you received with your purchase and your proof of purchase from an authorized electronic supplier of genuine Microsoft software. Proof of purchase may be subject to verification by your merchant’s records. To identify genuine Microsoft software, see www.howtotell.com.
16. NOTICE ABOUT THE H.264/AVC VISUAL STANDARD, AND THE VC-1 VIDEO STANDARD. This software may include H.264/MPEG-4 AVC and/or VC-1 decoding technology. MPEG LA, L.L.C. requires this notice:
THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED UNDER THE H.264/AVC AND THE VC-1 PATENT PORTFOLIO LICENSES FOR THE PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE OF A CONSUMER TO (i) ENCODE VIDEO IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE ABOVE STANDARDS (“VIDEO STANDARDS”) AND/OR (ii) DECODE AVC, AND VC-1 VIDEO THAT WAS ENCODED BY A CONSUMER ENGAGED IN A PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY AND/OR WAS OBTAINED FROM A VIDEO PROVIDER LICENSED TO PROVIDE SUCH VIDEO. NONE OF THE LICENSES EXTEND TO ANY OTHER PRODUCT REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH PRODUCT IS INCLUDED WITH THIS SOFTWARE IN A SINGLE ARTICLE. NO LICENSE IS GRANTED OR SHALL BE IMPLIED FOR ANY OTHER USE. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MPEG LA, L.L.C. SEE WWW.MPEGLA.COM.
For clarification purposes, this notice does not limit or inhibit the use of the software for normal business uses that are personal to that business which do not include (i) redistribution of the decoding technology to third parties, or (ii) creation of content with the VIDEO STANDARDS compliant technologies for distribution to third parties.
17. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The software is subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see www.microsoft.com/exporting .
18. SUPPORT SERVICES. Microsoft provides support services for the software as described at www.support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx .
19. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This agreement (including the warranty below), and the terms for supplements, updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
20. APPLICABLE LAW.
a. United States. If you acquired the software in the United States, Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort.
b. Outside the United States. If you acquired the software in any other country, the laws of that country apply.
21. LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your state or country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your state or country if the laws of your state or country do not permit it to do so.
22. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES. YOU CAN RECOVER FROM MICROSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS ONLY DIRECT DAMAGES UP TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE SOFTWARE. YOU CANNOT RECOVER ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFITS, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.
This limitation applies to
· anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and
· claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if
· repair, replacement or a refund for the software does not fully compensate you for any losses; or
· Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. They also may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.
A. LIMITED WARRANTY. If you follow the instructions, the software will perform substantially as described in the Microsoft materials that you receive in or with the software.
References to “limited warranty” are references to the express warranty provided by Microsoft. This warranty is given in addition to other rights and remedies you may have under law, including your rights and remedies in accordance with the statutory guarantees under local Consumer Law.
B. TERM OF WARRANTY; WARRANTY RECIPIENT; LENGTH OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES. THE LIMITED WARRANTY COVERS THE SOFTWARE FOR ONE YEAR AFTER ACQUIRED BY THE FIRST USER. IF YOU RECEIVE SUPPLEMENTS, UPDATES, OR REPLACEMENT SOFTWARE DURING THAT YEAR, THEY WILL BE COVERED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE WARRANTY OR 30 DAYS, WHICHEVER IS LONGER. If the first user transfers the software, the remainder of the warranty will apply to the recipient.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS LAST ONLY DURING THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so these limitations may not apply to you. They also might not apply to you because some countries may not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty, guarantee or condition lasts.
C. EXCLUSIONS FROM WARRANTY. This warranty does not cover problems caused by your acts (or failures to act), the acts of others, or events beyond Microsoft’s reasonable control.
D. REMEDY FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY. MICROSOFT WILL REPAIR OR REPLACE THE SOFTWARE AT NO CHARGE. IF MICROSOFT CANNOT REPAIR OR REPLACE IT, MICROSOFT WILL REFUND THE AMOUNT SHOWN ON YOUR RECEIPT FOR THE SOFTWARE. IT WILL ALSO REPAIR OR REPLACE SUPPLEMENTS, UPDATES AND REPLACEMENT SOFTWARE AT NO CHARGE. IF MICROSOFT CANNOT REPAIR OR REPLACE THEM, IT WILL REFUND THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THEM, IF ANY. YOU MUST UNINSTALL THE SOFTWARE AND RETURN ANY MEDIA AND OTHER ASSOCIATED MATERIALS TO MICROSOFT WITH PROOF OF PURCHASE TO OBTAIN A REFUND. THESE ARE YOUR ONLY REMEDIES FOR BREACH OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY.
E. CONSUMER RIGHTS NOT AFFECTED. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL CONSUMER RIGHTS UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS, WHICH THIS AGREEMENT CANNOT CHANGE.
F. WARRANTY PROCEDURES. You need proof of purchase for warranty service.
· (800) MICROSOFT;
· Microsoft Customer Service and Support, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399; or
· visit www.microsoft.com/info/nareturns.htm.
· Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited, Customer Care Centre, Atrium Building Block B, Carmanhall Road, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18, Ireland; or
· the Microsoft affiliate serving your country (see www.microsoft.com/worldwide).
3. Australia. If you acquired the software in Australia, contact Microsoft to make a claim at
· 13 20 58; or
· Microsoft Pty Ltd, 1 Epping Road, North Ryde NSW 2113, Australia.
G. NO OTHER WARRANTIES. THE LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY DIRECT WARRANTY FROM MICROSOFT. MICROSOFT GIVES NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS. WHERE ALLOWED BY YOUR LOCAL LAWS, MICROSOFT EXCLUDES IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. If your local laws give you any implied warranties, guarantees or conditions, despite this exclusion, your remedies are described in the Remedy for Breach of Warranty clause above, to the extent permitted by your local laws.
FOR AUSTRALIA ONLY. In this paragraph, “goods” refers to the software for which Microsoft provides the express warranty. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being replaced. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
H. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY. THE LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES CLAUSE ABOVE APPLIES TO BREACHES OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY.